Friends of Art was formed in 2000 to provide supplemental financial support to the Department of Art, and to participate in building the CSU art program to one of the preeminence in the Southeast. Funding made possible through the Friends of Art provides a margin of excellence not possible through state appropriations. Numerous projects and initiatives are feasible that would otherwise go unrealized, including scholarship support for art majors, exhibits of nationally and internationally recognized artists, supplemental funding for distinguished faculty, and assistance for student travel to major museums and art sites in the U.S. and abroad.
To stimulate, support, and foster the continued growth of Columbus State University Department of Art by:
- Enhancing community awareness and support of the CSU Department of Art
- Promoting artistic and academic excellence by funding scholarships for talented students
- Providing support for Visiting Artists and Scholars
- Providing supplemental funding for distinguished faculty, equipment and special projects
- Receive invitations throughout the year to exciting events including private preview parties and our popular Art Talk and Tea and Art Talk and Toddies lecture series
- Enrich your understanding and appreciation of art through special art talks, workshops, classes, and trips
- Have the opportunity to meet local, national, and international artists and scholars
- Meet others who share your interest in the visual arts
- Enjoy the knowledge that your contribution will provide significant educational opportunities for talented art majors
To become a member, call 706-507-8301 for more information .
Columbus State University and Friends of Art Present Beyond the Limit:
Funding Future Artists, Incoming Freshman Scholarship Project
DescriptionAn exclusive set of limited edition prints and photographs were created solely for this fundraiser by six renowned artists. The individual prints and photographs are produced by CSU faculty and students in collaboration with the artists. All prints and photographs are signed by the artist and produced in a limited edition of only 25.
The artists featured in the print project are artist and Columbus native, Bo Bartlett, CSU Professor Orion Wertz, and New York based artist and CSU alumnus Jon Barwick. The artists featured in the photography project are past VASRP participant and Cause Collective member Jessica Ingram, CSU alumnus and Troy University faculty Adam Forrester, and CSU Associate Professor Rylan Steele. All six have donated their time and considerable talents to CSU for the creation of these prints.
The most recent images are on view in CSU's Illges Gallery at the Corn Center for the Visual Arts on the RiverPark Campus in Uptown Columbus. The prints and photographs may be purchased individually wrapped in acid-free tissue, or there are a limited number of complete sets in an attractive collector's portfolio also available. Orders may be placed through the Department of Art Office, 706-507-8301, and 100% of the proceeds go directly to support the Friends of Art: Funding Future Artists Scholarships.
For more information please contact Michele McCrillis at email@example.com