Artwork Submissions Policies and the Adjudication Process
Submission of artwork to the All-State Art Symposium is open to all high school students (public and private) studying with teachers who are current GAEA members.
- For GAEA membership, teachers can join online now. GAEA membership automatically makes you a member of NAEA.
- Online image submissions are coming soon.
- High school art students compete at three adjudication levels: High School, District, and State.
Submissions: All submissions files must be named in the following format: [Student first initial and last name][Number of submission]-[High school initials]-[D and district number]
For example Jane Doe from Washington High School in District 2 would submit her two files as
**Any files not submitted in this format will be returned to sender for correction.**
High School Level: Each school is restricted to no more than 20 individual artwork submissions, so teachers from the same school should coordinate submissions. Schools submitting more than 20 artwork will be required to resubmit.
District/Regional Level: Up to 33% of all artwork submitted by each district will be chosen by the district judge as "District Finalists" and will move to the state level adjudication.
State Level: All artwork selected as District Finalists will be eligible for consideration by the state judge to become "State Winners." State winners will be invited to exhibit their work at the 2018 All-State Art Symposium to be held at Columbus State University's Corn Center for the Visual Arts on the beautiful RiverPark Campus.
Levels and Awards:
- District Finalists advance to state level adjudication.
- State Winners Students advance to the exhibition.
- All EXHIBITING "State Winners" will be considered for awards by the state judge. Award winners and their teachers will be recognized at the Awards Ceremony during the All-State Art Symposium.
Submission, Notification and Exhibition
Teacher Level Adjudication and Submission: Instructions on how to enter artwork through the online submission site are available at the submission portal.
Artwork Submission Schedule: The online portal for uploading digital files of student artwork by high school teachers will be open Monday, October 22 and will close at 11:59pm on Friday, December 9. The deadline will not be extended or reopened for any reason
If you have questions or concerns about your submissions, please contact us at email@example.com
Notification of Selected Works: All-State District Finalists will be notified through their teachers after District jurying. All-State Winners will be notified and invited for exhibition through their teachers after State jurying.