Friends of Art
Friends of Art (FOA) provides supplemental financial support to the Department of Art, and participates in building the CSU art program to one of preeminence in the Southeast. Funding made possible through the Friends of Art provides a margin of excellence not possible through state appropriations. Numerous projects and initiatives include recruiting and merit scholarships for art majors, exhibits of nationally and internationally recognized artists, relevant lectures by top scholars, supplemental funding for faculty development, program development, and scholarships for art students to study abroad.
Friends of Art Funding Future Artist Benefit
Funding Future Artists is the scholarship fund established by the Friends of Art (FOA) at Columbus State University. Our inaugural benefit exhibition will feature 100 works of art donated by CSU community artists. Each $300 ticket grants the ticket holder one work of art. Our fundraising goal is to provide three full-tuition scholarships to talented students from across the globe!
All works will be displayed in Highland Galerie for a limited public in-person viewing April 6-24.
The Virtual Benefit will take place April 22-24, 2021. Buy your tickets April 1 to get first in line to choose your artwork!
Friends of Art Mission
To stimulate, support, and foster the continued growth of the CSU Department of Art by:
- Enhancing community awareness and support of the CSU Department of Art
- Promoting artistic and academic excellence by funding scholarships for talented students
- Providing support for Visiting Artists and Scholars
- Providing supplemental funding for distinguished faculty, equipment and special projects
- Supporting relevant and engaging Membership Privileges
As a Friends of Art Member, you will:
- Receive invitations throughout the year to exciting events and programs
- Enrich your understanding and appreciation of art through special events and programs
- Have opportunities to meet local, national, and international artists and scholars
- Have opportunities to meet others who share your interest in the visual arts
- Enjoy the knowledge that your annual contributions provide significant educational opportunities for talented art majors and help build an art program of national distinction
Your contributions are incredibly helpful in allowing us to reach our goals and are greatly appreciated.
With your support, we are able to develop and sustain our programs by promoting artistic and academic excellence by funding scholarships, by providing valuable resources such as a wide range of national and international visiting artists and scholars, public lectures, workshops, exhibitions, performances, outreach opportunities for the students, faculty development, and departmental support.
**Designate your gift to the Department of Art!