Friends of Art was formed in 2000 to provide supplemental financial support to the Department of Art, and to participate in building the CSU art program to one of the preeminence in the Southeast. Funding made possible through the Friends of Art provides a margin of excellence not possible through state appropriations. Numerous projects and initiatives are feasible that would otherwise go unrealized, including scholarship support for art majors, exhibits of nationally and internationally recognized artists, supplemental funding for distinguished faculty, and assistance for student travel to major museums and art sites in the U.S. and abroad.
To stimulate, support, and foster the continued growth of Columbus State University Department of Art by:
- Enhancing community awareness and support of the CSU Department of Art
- Promoting artistic and academic excellence by funding scholarships for talented students
- Providing support for Visiting Artists and Scholars
- Providing supplemental funding for distinguished faculty, equipment and special projects
- Receive invitations throughout the year to exciting events including private preview parties and our popular Art Talk and Tea and Art Talk and Toddies lecture series
- Enrich your understanding and appreciation of art through special art talks, workshops, classes, and trips
- Have the opportunity to meet local, national, and international artists and scholars
- Meet others who share your interest in the visual arts
- Enjoy the knowledge that your contribution will provide significant educational opportunities for talented art majors
To become a member, call 706-507-8301 for more information .
Beyond the Limit: Funding Future Artists: New Portfolio Now Available
The newest limited edition specially created for the Department of Art is a photography portfolio inspired by the regional landscape. Each set of three 17x22 archival pigment prints are limited to an edition of 25 and can be purchased individually or as a portfolio.
The three color photographs are by nationally renowned artist and fall 2013 Visiting Artist in Residence Jessica Ingram, CSU Assistant Professor of Art Rylan Steele, and CSU art alum Adam Forrester. Each artist responded creatively and thoughtfully to current conditions in the region.
The photographs may be purchased individually wrapped in acid-free tissue, or there are a limited number of complete sets in an attractive collector's portfolio with full title page also available. Orders may be placed through the Department of Art Office, 706-507-8301, and 100% of the proceeds go directly to support the Friends of Art: Funding Future Artists Scholarship Fund to attract outstanding incoming students to our program.
The Beyond the Limit: Funding Future Artists printmaking portfolio impressions, and a limited number of collector's portfolios with full title page are also available. The artists featured in the printmaking project are artist and Columbus native, Bo Bartlett, CSU Professor of Art Orion Wertz, and New York based artist and CSU alumnus Jon Barwick.
Contact Michele McCrillis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.