The Department of Art is Framing the Future by providing comprehensive, rigorous curriculum in Art Education, Art History, and Studio Art in state-of-the- art facilities. We develop future leaders in the arts by providing opportunities for scholarships, internships and experiential learning. We are situated on the exciting RiverPark Campus as part of the College of the Arts. Our students participate in a robust array of experiences including our Visiting Artists and Scholars Residency Program which supports direct interaction with professionals in the field while encouraging exploration of diverse ideas, practices and perspectives. Students benefit from the synergy between our faculty, department and community. The department is an accredited Associate Member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
We provide tours of our outstanding facilities in close collaboration with enrollment services. Contact Administrative Assistant Dorie Krapf if you would like to schedule a department-focused tour, or have general questions.
Incoming Freshman & Transfer Scholarships
We regularly offer an array of competitive scholarships to incoming students including our top award, the Friends of Art: Funding Future Artists Scholarship which awards up to $10,000 for the first year of study. Please be aware of the deadlines and note that the deadlines may change from year to year.
Apply for an Incoming Student Scholarship
Contact Professor Rylan Steele for scholarship application questions.
Scholarship Application forms may be found outside of the Art Department office at the CSU Riverpark Campus or on the following PDF:
Being an Art Major
Our Vision is “to be a First Choice destination for discerning students who seek challenging programs in studio art, art education and art history with an engaged faculty pursuing creative and scholarly research within a vibrant, contemporary, globally‐aware department”. Our majors are a diverse, engaged, committed, and community-oriented group supported by caring faculty dedicated to providing the best possible inclusive learning environment.
Prospective Student FAQ's
How do I apply for admission and when is the deadline?
Apply for admission Here
Do you require a portfolio for admission?
Not for admission, only for certain scholarships and degree milestones.
How do I apply for a scholarship?
See above application information.
Do you offer Graphic Design?
Yes, we are actively developing a Graphic Design area of focus.
How do I arrange a tour of CSU?
Contact CSU Enrollment Services Here
How do I arrange a tour of the department?
See above Department of Art tour information.
Do you provide Advanced Placement Credit?
Yes, please see the link Here
Do you have an Honors Program?
Yes, many art students participate in the Honors College
Frame your Future in the Arts: Apply Today!
Make the CSU Department of Art your First Choice. Our diverse community provides the supportive, rigorous atmosphere needed for discerning students who seek challenging programs in studio art, art education and art history. Let us help you Frame your Future in the Arts.
Our Profile at a Glance:
- Robust scholarships such as the Friends of Art: Funding Future Artists Scholarship
- Some of the finest arts facilities in the Southeast
- Visiting Artists and Scholars Residency Program hosts national and international art professionals
- A regular cycle of outstanding events including exhibitions, lectures, films, and workshops
- Comprehensive degree offerings in Art, Art Education and Art History
- Individual studios provided to undergraduate Thesis Exhibition students
- Smooth transition and scholarship opportunities for transfer students
- Our Freshman Learning Communities accelerate your success
- Internship opportunities build experience and leadership skills
- Small classes with nationally and internationally recognized faculty
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit offered in selected courses
- An Honors College supports academic excellence
- SRACE undergraduate grant opportunities support research and creative activity
- Travel scholarships and grants support study abroad and global understanding
- Certificate opportunities provided in Visual Communication and the Georgia Film Academy
Request Information and Arrange a Customized Tour
Contact Administrative Assistant Dorie Krapf if you need an advisor, would like to schedule a Riverpark Campus tour, would like printed material mailed, or have general questions.
Our degree, minor and certificate descriptions may be found in the Academic Catalog
View our growing list of Course Descriptions
Visit the CSU Honors College
Apply for Admission