Scholarships for Incoming Freshmen & Transfer Students
We regularly offer an array of competitive scholarships to incoming students. Applications are screened by an appointed faculty committee, which has sole discretion in determining recipients of the awards. Recipients who are selected are asked to attend the scholarship and awards ceremony. They will also be asked to write a thank you note to their benefactor in the Fall and serve volunteer hours. Applications are completed online at CSU Department of Art Scholarship Application
There are two deadlines:
Early Consideration Deadline, January 19, 2021
Regular Application Deadline, March 19, 2021
When applying for the scholarships, please keep the following in mind:
- A general application must be submitted for consideration each academic year, as scholarships are not automatically renewed.
- For general scholarship, you must have a 3.0 gpa. For Funding Future Artist, you must have 3.3 gpa to qualify.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in Fall 2021 to be eligible for an award.
- We do not offer scholarships for part-time enrollment.
- Scholarships are allocated to student accounts in the following manner: 50 percent of the award is credited in August for the Fall 2021 and the other 50 percent in the Spring of 2022 semester.
- Students traveling in Summer 2021 will not be awarded prior to travel.
(Due to Covid-19, the Department of Art will not be offering any study abroad program in 2021.)
- Students are encouraged to review all information about the awards. Academic and travel awards are extremely competitive. Students should have all necessary credentials for serious consideration.
- One general application guarantees consideration for any of the scholarships for which an applicant qualifies, so it is not necessary to apply for specific scholarships by name.
Department of Art Scholarships:
- The CSU Friends of Art Scholarship Award
- The Bebe Smith Art Scholarship Endowment
- The Columbus Junior Woman’s Club Fine Arts Endowment
- The Frances H. Ellis Art Scholarship Endowment
- The Columbus Artist Guild
- The Virginia Pekor Culpepper Art Scholarship Endowment
- The Mary F. Passailaigue Art Scholarship Endowment for Art
- The Gerry Bosch Art Scholarship Endowment
- The Allen Horne Scholarship Endowment for Art in Photography
- The Betty Corn Scholarship Endowment
- The Edward Shorter Art Scholarship Endowment
- The Janet B. Hollis Scholarship Endowment for Art
- Friends of Art: Funding Future Artists Scholarship which awards up to $10,000 for the first year of study. This award may be renewed every year once awarded. The student will need to go through the application process and must meet requirements for renewal.
Please be aware of the deadlines and note that the deadlines may change from year to year.
Contact Professor Hannah Israel for scholarship application questions.