- Contact Administrative Assistant Jennifer McCollough if you need an advisor
- Course Descriptions
- Student Handbook PDF
- Contact Professor Rylan Steele for current art scholarships
- CSU Department of Art Academic Scholarship
- Friends of Art Travel Scholarship
Application forms may be found:
- On the corkboard outside of the Art Department office, Yancey 219
- On the web at: http://art.columbusstate.edu/student_info.php
Tips on applying for scholarships:
- If needed, write out responses on another sheet so you can proofread and change before submitting an application.
- Spell-check, spell-check, spell-check!
- Write in a paragraph format (no bullet point lists)
- Artwork in the portfolio should represent the student's current creative and technical abilities.
- All artwork must be original. Copies of published works are unacceptable. Primary consideration will be given to originality and creativity.
- Copies from magazines, comic books, animation, CD covers, or movie posters are not acceptable.
- Avoid overused, stereotyped, or timeworn imagery.
- Your work must demonstrate foundation level craftsmanship and skill in the chosen media and processes in regard to technical skills, competent control, awareness of material capabilities and limits, and quality of the finished work (neat, clean, attentive details, well-crafted).
- Participate and attend visiting artist/scholar lectures, exhibition openings, events, etc. throughout the semester. We want to see you participating in art related events.